When a tenant moves in or out of the building, the tenant contact and a representative of the moving company must contact the Property Management Office at least thirty (30) business days prior to the date of the move for coordination assistance. Moves must be scheduled Monday through Friday after 6:00 pm or on a weekend. Prior to the move, the tenant’s contractor must provide a valid certificate of insurance with coverage levels as required by the Property Management Office.
- All safes, furniture, fixtures, or other bulky articles shall be moved in or out of the building only in the manner directed and approved by the Property Management Office. The Property Management Office shall, in all cases, retain the right to prescribe the weight and proper positions of safes and other weighty articles before the same are admitted to the building, but in no event shall the weight of live loads exceed 100 pounds per square foot.
- Prior to purchasing furniture or other items, the tenant should measure the item to ensure that it can be placed in the building service elevators and pass through the doors of the Leased Premises. Large pieces should be transported in parts and assembled in the tenant space. The Property Management Office reserves the right to refuse the delivery of any object to the Building that does not comply with the above conditions.
- Any and all damage to the Building, common areas, and service corridors shall either be repaired by the tenant or its contractors at tenant’s sole expense, or shall be repaired by the Property Management Office at tenant’s expense. See Lease Agreements for additional information.
These guidelines have been developed to ensure a safe and efficient move for you and your organization. Following these Guidelines will expedite your move and protect the people handling the move as well as your property and the building itself. These Guidelines are in no way meant to hamper or restrict your moving process, but rather to safeguard the elements involved in the process. Please let us know how we can best assist you with your move. We are happy to answer any further questions you may have. Please call the Property Management Office.
Notify the Property Management Office as soon as possible of the date and time of your scheduled move in order to reserve the loading dock. This may not guarantee sole use of the Loading Dock, but will provide you priority scheduling. All moves will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- The freight elevator is only available for move-ins or move outs after 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and on weekends. The moving contractor must provide a Certificate of Insurance prior to the move. The Property Management Office will provide specific insurance requirements upon request.
- The Property Management Office will provide specific insurance requirements upon request.
- Your moving contractor will be responsible for any damage to the building incurred during the move.
- The moving contractor is responsible for providing protection to all entrances, elevators, doorways, and walls affected by the move.
- The moving contractor must cover all floors traversed during the move with “masonite” or a similar protective material.
- All move activity must occur via the Loading Dock. Any exceptions to this entry point must be authorized by the Property Management Office. If other areas of access are approved, the moving contractor must protect the Office Buildings from damage. Prior to approval, the moving contractor will be required to specify the material that will be used to protect the Office Buildings.
- The Fire Marshall prohibits the blocking of any fire corridor, exit door, elevator, Lobby, or hallway.
- All moves must be handled through the service elevators. Tenants are responsible for protecting the elevators, floors, doors and walls. The moving contractor must provide the necessary materials. The capacity of the service elevators is 3,000 pounds. The dimensions are as follows:
Cab depth: 57”
Cab depth: 57”
Cab depth: 57”
Cab depth: 57”
- The moving contractor must report any electrical problems or equipment breakdowns that occur during the move that may affect building operation. They are also responsible for removing all trash and bulky packing cartons from the building and the loading dock.
- Moves must be supervised by a building engineer, the overtime cost is $95.00 per hour.